This blog series was one of my first – if you have been following me since the beginning you may remember it. Sunday Morning Thoughts was a way to ensure that I published at least one blog post a week, and I used it as both a creative outlet and a way to get ideas and thoughts off my chest. The theme of Sunday Morning Thoughts, at its simplest, is exactly what the title says: thoughts [I have on] Sunday morning. For me, Sunday mornings are almost always peacefully spent at home, and with Monday still feeling far in the future, it is one of my most reflective times of the week. Often I would just write what was on my mind for thirty minutes or so on Sunday morning, although other times I would put together a blog post that was more of a culmination of thoughts I had during the week, or some thoughts on a memory that had recently come to mind again.
I stopped writing my Sunday Morning Thoughts after December of 2015, which is when I started the transition of my blog to a book blog. I was not quite sure that this series really fit in, and I was feeling less motivated to share the random and/or heavy thoughts I was having at the time – my private journal provided more solace. Now that I’m feeling more comfortable with my blog content and more motivated to flex my creative muscles here once again (starting a new decade has been the best for me), I am reviving my Sunday Morning Thoughts.
I sort of already made this announcement over on Instagram (my January 12th post), but I wrote that I was going to keep my Sunday Morning Thoughts on IG only, and in the future couple it with a blog post like I used to do. However, I have changed my mind.
You can find all of my Sunday Morning Thoughts linked below – I may not write a post every Sunday, but I look forward to sharing the Sunday mornings on which I write with you.
- March 14th, 2021: Bliss on a Coffee Mug
- February 14th, 2021: Yesterday’s Sunrise
- January 24th, 2021: Old Books, New Books
- January 17th, 2021: Almost Over
- December 27th, 2020: Add Me on The Storygraph
- October 18th, 2020: What’s in a Book Review Blog Post
- August 16th, 2020: Misty Reflections
- June 14th, 2020: Some Recent Outdoor Photos
- May 3rd, 2020: Playlist
- April 19th, 2020: Time
- March 15th, 2020: The Ducks in the River
- March 1st, 2020: The Open Road
- February 23rd, 2020: This Sunday Morning
- January 26th, 2020: The Evolution of my Love for Poetry
- December 13th, 2015: A Most Heinous Act
- October 11th, 2015: Creativity and the Workplace
- August 23rd, 2015: Natural Energy
- August 16th, 2015: Resolutions/Happy New Year
- August 9th, 2015: The Turn of a Century
- July 19th, 2015: Bug Bites, Rain, Greasy Hair
- June 28th 2015: Like a Plant
- May 31st, 2015: Lazy Sunday
- April 26th, 2015: A Wish for a More Knowledgeable World, and Self
- April 19th, 2015: And, well,