April Reading Preview | 2022
April has already brought plenty of sunshine and a renewed sense of optimism—let’s hope it also carries copious amounts of reading time.
Books On My Radar
From My Shelves (Physical + Electronic)
- Devotions by Mary Oliver
- keeping this ‘on my radar’ until I finish it
- Towards Zero by Agatha Christie
- the same applies to this book
- Persuasion by Jane Austen
- I haven’t read a classic in a while, and I’ve never read Persuasion. Maybe this will help with my mild reading slump…
- An Agatha Christie audiobook?
- I have so many saved on Scribd; maybe I’ll make a concentrated effort to listen to audiobooks during my commute to work this month.
Reviews And Blog Tours
I am happy to be joining another blog tour run by The Write Reads at the end of the April. The book is The Carnival of Ash by Tom Beckerlegge, and I’ll be posting my review on the 26th.
Anticipated February Releases
Three books from my 22 Anticipated Fiction Releases of 2022 will be available this month (U.S.):
- Sea of Tranquility by Emily St. John Mandel (April 5th)
- When the Crow’s Away by Auralee Wallace (April 5th)
- Kaikeyi by Vaishnavi Patel (April 26th)
I’m taking another opportunity to tackle (ahem, start tackling) my Classics Club Reading List. Persuasion by Jane Austen is what I’m going with for this month.
And that does it for my April Reading Preview. If you are interested in seeing which books I end up reading throughout the rest of the month, keep an eye out for my WWW Wednesday posts, follow me on Instagram, or find me on The StoryGraph. I would also love to know which books, reading challenges, or other bookish topics you are excited about this month. Feel free to share in the comments.