Mystery Blogger Award
I am both utterly surprised and excited to be writing this post; thank you, Kayleigh from My Endless Shelf for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award! I am thrilled and so thankful that she put my blog in a list with some exceptional book blogs – will this shock ever wear off? Anyway, I urge you to check out My Endless Shelf, especially Kayleigh’s own Award post, and before I get into details about myself, here are the details on the award.
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma (creator of the Mystery Blogger Award)
- Put the logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award (Okoto Enigma) and provide a link.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10-20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question.
- Share a link to your best post(s).
First of all, here are three things about me that you might not know:
- I have a younger sister, and she’s pretty great.
- I’m a volunteer for the Alzheimer’s Association of Maine (and here is where I plug the Alzheimer’s Association and urge you to read up on your local chapter!)
- I was on the University of Maine’s Dance Team for all four years of my undergrad.
Second, the questions that Kayleigh asked:
- Who would play you in a movie and why?
Aubrey Plaza, because I love her and she would make me feel / look cooler than I am.
- What book title could sum up your love life or reading style (you decide which, or both)?
Love Life: Sense and Sensibility
Reading Style: I knew immediately what word I would use and luckily there are a few books with this word as a title – Sporadic.
- Which author(s) do you one-click without even thinking about it?
Hmm…Jane Austen, Beverly Cleary, and more recently, Toni Morrison.
- How many books are currently on your TBR?
Over 1,000 (Goodreads).
- If you could ask any fictional character one question, who/what would you ask?
Geesh, just one? Ummm…I would ask Leslie Knope if she would be my mentor.
Third, my favorite/best blog posts:
My [Top Ten] Books I Could Read Forever is the most loved post by my readers (in terms of most comments and likes), and I really love my post on Vanity Fair and Preservation.
Fourth, my nominees:
DEEKAY | Daily Dose of Reading
And finally, five questions for my nominees:
- What was the last book you finished, and did you enjoy it?
- Which television show could you watch again and again, from beginning to end?
- How many pets do you have? (share what they are if you’d like!)
- What is your favorite shape?
- Who is you favorite author (of the moment and/or of all time)?
If you do take part, please tag me or leave a comment below with a link to your post – I would love to see your answers and read your own favorite blog posts.
And again, a huge thank you to Kayleigh for nominating me – supportive bloggers like you make this experience all the more fun!
You Can Always Start Now
Always neat to get to know people more! You now have me intrigued about your mentor Leslie as I don’t know that character.
From the television show Parks and Recreation! 😊