This post is five months in the making (or, in other words, late). The wonderful Deekay tagged me back in May (thank you again!), and I would recommend visiting her blog (Daily Dose of Reading) and Instagram for superb book reviews.
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer all the questions below
- Pingback to the creator: Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx
- Nominate 5+ bloggers you’d like to know more about, to do this tag
Why did you start blogging? & Why have you kept blogging?
I started blogging when I moved to Long Island to start grad school, as a way to document my life and have a creative outlet that was also a bit social. I have continued to blog—even through all of the changes with which the past six years have presented me—because I still enjoy everything about it. The writing, the social aspect, and various creative possibilities.
What is your favorite type of blog post to write?
Book discussion posts. These are typically the posts I write for my reading challenges, and/or when I want to talk about a book beyond the restraints of a book review (restraints/guidelines I’ve set for myself). To further explain that: I attempt to keep the format and content of my book reviews similar and objective, whereas in a book discussion I will talk about a certain theme or writing style in a book, how a book made me feel, or what I thought about while reading (etc.). I typically just let my ideas and thoughts flow freely and subjectively in whatever direction they happen to go.
What are your top three favorite blog posts you wrote?
- For Beverly
- Vanity Fair and Preservation
- Book Review: Clever Maids: The Secret History of the Grimm Fairy Tales
What are some of your favorite things to do to relax?
- Go for a walk or hike outside/spend time in the great outdoors
- Date night (in whatever form) with my boyfriend
What are three of your favorite things?
What are your proudest blogging moments?
- Statistically, reaching 10,000 views over the course of 2018.
- Generally, whenever readers visit, like, and comment on my Reading Grimm’s Fairy Tales posts. Those are some of my most time-consuming posts to research and write, so I always feel proud of my work when others talk to me about their experience with fairy tales and offer suggestions for related works I can read.
What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
- Doing anything outside
- Taking photos
Recently ‘Discovered’ Hobby:
Describe your personality in three words
Withdrawn, imaginative, curious.
What are your top three pet peeves?
- When someone eats food off my plate at will/without asking.
- Unqualified (or uneducated) people giving advice on nutrition, health products, etc.
- Deckled edges on books
What something your followers don’t know about you?
For new followers, it’s likely that I have been blogging for as long as I have; for OG followers…I’m not sure. You tell me! 😆
Bloggers I tag:
I’m happy to have these bloggers as new followers, and look forward to getting to know more about them!